Staycations have been the norm for a while and continue to be popular in place of international travel.
Holiday getaways have become a lot more affordable for couples aiming to spend quality time together and professionals looking to recharge.
Whether you’re a solo traveller, or a couple in search of quality romantic time, a major rule when packing for a staycation is that there are no rules as to what you can take with you.
While the flexibility can be reassuring, it all depends on how many items you’ll be comfortable carrying. You have to first remove the idea that you have to pack all your favourite items.
Which raises the question, how much packing do you really need? In this article, let us help you bring your travel baggage down to the most important items.
We have compiled a list that you can conveniently refer to for your upcoming staycations, so that you can fully enjoy yourselves during the trip. Come on board as we take you through the list!
What To Pack For a Staycation
Here is a comprehensive list of important things you can consider packing whenever you decide to go on a staycation.
A couple of bags or perhaps just one should be enough to contain whatever you’ll need during your stay. Bags are important but not all bags are necessary, depending on the activities you have planned for your staycation.
- Luggage: Bring along a hand-carry luggage bag that can contain everything you’ll need for your staycation.
- Laptop bag: For safekeeping, store your laptop in a laptop bag when packing for a staycation.
- Backpack: A sizable backpack will contain everything you need for an outdoor adventure. Whether you’re going hiking or sightseeing, a backpack will come in handy.
- Gym bag: Bring a gym bag along if you intend on hitting the gym during your staycation.
- Cooler pack for a picnic: People who enjoy picnics will find this to be quite useful as it is waterproof and thermal-insulated to keep your food warm and beverages chilled.
It’s a good idea to take note of some of the activities (outings or dinner dates) you’ll be engaging in and decide on one or two handbags/purses that will match the occasion. They’re perfect for storing your personal items if you like taking strolls or going sightseeing.
A sling bag always comes in handy whenever you decide to step out of your hotel. It is stylish, comfortable, and contains a good amount of things you’ll need.
Pro tip: Ensure that you have a carefully mapped-out schedule of what your activities are during the staycation before you pack.
When packing, even unnecessary items start to feel useful; avoid overpacking by thinking ahead of only what you might need.
It’s preferable to carry a gym bag or backpack if all your items can fit into it, it works best for a 3D2N staycation..
Here at Heritage Collection, we provide luggage storage services. Inform our friendly Guest Experience Managers before your check-in, so that you can be out and about without having to carry bulky luggage with you!
Toiletries are essential for your hygiene and grooming during your staycation. What items should you bring along? Let’s take a look at the list below.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste: Always pack a toiletry bag which include non-sharable items like your toothpaste, toothbrush and dental floss.
- Skincare products: Going on a staycation isn’t just a momentary escape from everyday life but also an opportunity to relax and pamper yourself. Pack your face masks, lotion and body moisturizer, so that your skin can be well taken care of at all times.
- Shampoo, body wash, and conditioner: Complete your staycation toiletries with this trio. These items are optional if the hotel already provides them.
- Bath towels: Most hotels provide bath towels for their guests, so we’ll let you decide if you’d like to bring your own.
- Hair combs and brushes: These are among the most important items for personal grooming, so be sure to bring them along.
- Contact lens: If applicable. Contact lenses are convenient for recreational activities. We suggest bringing the travel size cleaning solution and remember to pack along your contact lens holder.
- Hair tie and hair clips: Both are optional, however, they can be useful if you’re having your staycation in sunny Singapore
- Sanitary pads or tampons: In addition to keeping track of your menstrual cycle, the safest bet would be to bring these items in a small pouch stashed in your bag, in case the need for them arises.
- Cosmetics: Though not compulsory, cosmetics come in useful for a proper #OOTD post for your social media pages. It is also perfect if you have a date night planned in your itinerary.
- Shaver and Shaving cream: Necessary for keeping facial hair in check.
- Hair gel or wax: Convenient for styling your hair, especially when your date night is in the itinerary.
Pro tip: Before you book a room at the hotel of your choice, ensure that you contact the Guest Experience Manager at the hotel to know if they provide any of these items.
Heritage Collection provides full-sized shampoo, shower gel, bath & face towels, and a hairdryer to make your accommodation fuss-free and enjoyable.
It’s always best to be ready for eventualities that may occur during your staycation. Here are some essentials to pack:
- Medication: Pack some medication if you have any allergies or medical conditions since some hotels might not be equipped to provide the kind of care you would
- First aid kit: It has to include all the necessary items such as, bandages, cotton buds, alcohol wipes, and a thermometer.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent for when you’re outdoors: UVB rays are Do ensure to stock up on sunscreen to pritect you from UVA rays. . Also, pack an insect repellent before your staycation. They are quite affordable and can be purchased at almost any drugstore.
A list of other things you may want to add to your inventory:
- Tissue packets and wet tissue
- Face mask and sanitizer: with the current state of affairs in the world, face masks and sanitizers are a necessity to keep you safe wherever you travel to.
- Vanity kit with hand moisturizers and lip balm
- Mobile phone
- A wallet containing your identity card, some cash, plus your credit and insurance cards
When going for a staycation, ensure that the hotel is situated near places where you can easily purchase items you may have missed out on.
Packing clothing can be a headache, especially when it comes to selecting the right sets of clothes to mix and match, and picking the appropriate outfits for different occasions. To make your staycation preparation a smooth one, we’ve compiled some examples of what you’ll need.
- Sleepwear: Always remember to pack your pajamas and eye mask/cover. For cold hotel room temperature, you should consider throwing in a couple of thick sweaters, wool socks, to keep you cozy at night. While they tend to take up a lot of space, they’re sure to keep you warm when it counts.
- Underwear: Bring a sufficient quantity to ensure you always have a fresh pair on hand to change into.
- Swimsuit: Swimsuits are of utmost importance if you intend to make use of a hotel poo or spend time on the beach during a trip. You can complement it with a sun hat and sunglasses for a good summer time.
- Sportswear: Shirts, shorts, and track pants are the right clothes to pick for outdoor recreation and sports. Pack a pair of running shoes and hiking boots for these sporting activities to provide you with the best comfort
- Socks: Socks are important as they keep your feet from getting sore when walking around in covered shoes. A good sock doesn’t only protect your feet but can also serve as a fashion statement.
Pro tip: Don’t forget the weather you’re having at the moment, or else you may end up bringing a ton of weather inappropriate clothes. Also, consider what you’ll be doing during your staycation so that you do not bring more than what is necessary.
- Clothing for outings: Skirts, blouses, shorts, and pants are a lady’s best choice for a staycation, they aren’t too bulky and are versatile for outings.
- Shoes: Picking what shoes to wear is not just simply a matter of style or preference, but also what you feel most comfortable with. Lightweight sandals or sneakers are best suited for outings, while heels are fantastic for date nights.
- Accessories: Create room for bracelets, necklaces, hats, earrings, wristwatches, and scarves if you’d like to spice up your look.
- Clothing for outings: T-shirts are a perfect staycation choice, they can be worn with a pair of shorts or pants for casual dinners and events.
- Shoes: If you’re into checking out new places, or will probably be doing some exploring during your staycation, you’ll need a few pairs of shoes. Sneakers are good for informal outings and gatherings while leather shoes are a good choice for date nights.
- Accessories: Complement your attire with items such as belts, face caps/hats, and a watch.
Pro tip: It’s best to book a suite in a hotel or place of accommodation that offers laundry services, this could save you the time and effort of packing way too many clothes when going on a staycation.
Heritage Collection provides complimentary laundry services. You can pack lighter for your staycation and not worry about washing dirty clothes after your staycation.
The following items can also be included when packing for a staycation.
- Phone charger
- Adapter cables and plugs
- Water bottle
- Earpiece or headphones
- Printed copies of your hotel booking, tour bookings, and itinerary
- Hair mask
- Laptop/Tablet charger
- Eye mask
Pro tip: The above items can be packed without taking too much of your time. However, you can begin packing some days before your staycation so that you have enough spare time to acquire other things you may need for your trip.
Also, try finding out about the hotel’s acceptable means of payment and how to make your way from the hotel to the places you’d like to visit during your staycation.
Our friendly Guest Experience Managers at Heritage Collection would be happy to provide any assistance you may need during your staycation.
By following the tips in this article, you should be all set for any eventualities during your trip. You can also check out some of the links on this page to read other related articles that will make every trip a fantasy.
If you’re looking for a unique and affordable staycation with fully equipped facilities and excellent customer service, you’re welcomed to browse the rooms at Heritage Collection.
Our hotel is located near shopping malls, dining areas, and entertainment districts in Singapore. This gives you easy access to the comfortable life you’ve always dreamt of. Heritage Collection is a home away from home.